YOMEDDINE DP Federico Cesca in Cannes
ARRI caught up with cinematographer Federico Cesca at the Cannes International Film Festival. See our video of him talking about his film YOMEDDINE.
ARRI caught up with cinematographer Federico Cesca at the Cannes International Film Festival. See our video of him talking about his film YOUMEDDINE.
YOMEDDINE, which translates into English as Judgement Day, is the first Egyptian film to be invited to the main competition in Cannes. It tells the story of a man who has recovered from leprosy and embarks on a road trip to find his father. The film received a ten-minute standing ovation after its festival screening.
The Director of Photography, Federico Cesca, used an ALEXA Classic on the shoot, and spoke enthusiastically about the creative options the camera gave him. “There’s no veil between us and the characters,” he says in the interview, “there seems to be a very direct connection.”
You can read more about the ARRI presence in Cannes here: http://www.arri.com/news/news/arri-reflects-on-an-eventful-cannes-2018/
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI equipment in China on ANIMAL WORLD
- ARRI Trade-In / Trade-Up Program launched
- MAGIC SEVEN DP Laurent Dailland on TRINITY
- FIFA LEGENDS highlighted by AMIRA Multicam
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger