ALEXA LF SUP 4.1
Software Update Package LF SUP 4.1 provides a critical bug fix for an error that prevents the camera from booting correctly.
We strongly recommend updating all ALEXA LF cameras that currently have LF SUP 4.0 software. Cameras with LF SUP 3.0 or earlier are not affected.
LF SUP 4.1 requires LF SUP 3.0 Software & Hardware Upgrade
LF SUP 4.1 should only be installed on ALEXA LF cameras that have previously undergone the "ALEXA LF 3.0 Software & Hardware Upgrade", which can be performed free-of-charge by ARRI service. The ALEXA LF 3.0 upgrade includes the upgrade of an electronics board (ACDA3 gets exchanged for ACDA4), and LF SUP 4.0 and 4.1 require the ACDA4 board. LF SUP 4.1 will not run on ALEXA LF cameras with the older ACDA3 board installed (any camera running LF SUP 2.0 or LF SUP 2.1).
- If your ALEXA LF has LF SUP 2.0 or 2.1: contact ARRI Service to schedule your free upgrade to "ALEXA LF 3.0 Software and Hardware". ARRI service will then also install LF SUP 4.1. More information about the "ALEXA LF 3.0 Software and Hardware Upgrade" can be found below.
- If your ALEXA LF has LF SUP 3.0: Download LF SUP 4.1 and install. You do not need to install LF SUP 4.0 first.
Once LF SUP 4.1 is installed, it is possible to revert back to LF SUP 4.0, but not to LF SUP 3.0 or older. However, due to the nature of the issue that 4.1 avoids, it is not recommended to downgrade to LF SUP 4.0.
LF SUP 4.1
ALEXA LF SUP 4.0
Software Update Package 4.0 for ALEXA LF contains:
New anamorphic de-squeeze factors
- 1.65x for Panavision Ultra Vista Anamorphic lenses
- 1.80x for Cooke Anamorphic/i Full Frame Plus lenses
- The LCS to LBUS cable (K2.0007318) allows use of ARRI LBUS accessories
- Including cforce mini motors, Operator Control Unit OCU-1 with override, Master Grips, LCUBEs and others
- EXT Sync: sensor sync and settings sync
- Separate MAGNIFY values for each sensor mode
- Project frame rate changes sensor and SDI frame rates
- Improved dynamic defect pixel correction
PLEASE NOTE that the ALEXA LF 3.0 Software & Hardware Upgrade is a prerequisite for updating ALEXA LF cameras with LF SUP 4.0. If you still have an ALEXA LF with LF SUP 2.0, contact ARRI Service to schedule the ALEXA LF 3.0 Software & Hardware Upgrade.
If you already have LF SUP 3.0, simply download the LF SUP 4.0 and install it on your ALEXA LF.
LF SUP 4.0
ALEXA LF SUP 3.0
Software Update Package LF SUP 3.0 for ALEXA LF contains:
New Features Overview
A more detailed description of each feature is given in the section 'New Features and Changes'.
• Support for ALEXA Electronic Viewfinder EVF-2
• Support for SxS PRO+ 256 GB cards
• Support for battery adapters BAB-HG & BAB-HV
• New features
- MAGNIFICATION for EVF-1/2 & MON OUT
- Six ZOOM positions for EVF-1/2 & MON OUT
- Simplified global anamorphic de-squeeze
- Monitor Identification
Please note that LF SUP 3.0 and later will not run without a new electronic board (ACDA4) in the camera. Newly manufactured cameras will have the new board and the latest SUP installed. Existing cameras running LF SUP 2.0 or LF SUP 2.1 can be updated from ACDA3 to ACDA4 and from LF SUP 2.0/2.1 to the latest SUP by all ARRI Service Centers, free of charge. This is also why LF SUP 3.0 is not available for download on the ARRI website. Please contact ARRI Service to schedule an appointment.