TRINITY is the first hybrid camera stabilizer that combines classic mechanical stabilization with advanced active electronic stabilization, provided via 32-bit ARM-based gimbal technology. This combination results in five axes of control and enables uniquely fluid, wide-ranging, and precisely controlled movements for unrestricted shooting and total creative freedom.
New angles for the operator and new storytelling options for the director and cinematographer are possible with TRINITY. By inverting the post, the camera can be moved from low mode to high mode during a shot; using the joystick-controlled, fully stabilized tilt axis to look up or down during this motion is also possible, so a low angle can smoothly transition into an over-the-shoulder shot. By holding the post at 45 degrees and twisting it left or right, the camera can even look around corners, whether in low or high mode. Additional stabilization in the roll axis permits the use of telephoto lenses. Extraordinary new shots, angles, and movements are achievable when TRINITY is used in its fully stabilized mode. For situations that call for a more traditional operating style, TRINITY can be switched into a locked mode in which the tilt axis is connected directly to the post in the traditional manner.
Unique hardware features
- 5 axis hybrid camera stabilizer
- Stabilized Tilt and Roll axis
- High torque brushless motors with a payload capacity up to 30 Kg/66 lb.
- Allows the use of: ALEXA LF, ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA Mini, AMIRA, 235, 416, TV Box Cameras or non-ARRI cameras with similar dimensions and form factor
Next level of interaction between operator and hardware
- Joystick controller for the tilt axis
- Optional wireless remote for tilt and roll
- On the fly adjustments and system controls
- 1.5” onboard display
- Five programmable user presets
- Fast and easy setup due to modular and cross-system accessories, like the SAM plates (SAM-1, SAM-2, SAM-3, SAM-4)
- TRINITY can also be used as a 2 axes standalone handheld gimbal
- Multi Support Plate (MSP-1) for handheld operation or to mount TRINITY on a dolly
Adaptive and flexible system
- Highly modular and upgradeable design
- Hight adjustable roll cage
- Detachable 1.8” carbon center post with fine-trim length adjustment
- Detachable battery hanger providing a flexible battery setup for the perfect dynamic balance
- Perfect dropdown generated by the unique TRINITY pendulum
For the last 12 years as a Steadicam operator I was dreaming of a movement from low to very high mode in one take, until I started operating the TRINITY. Operating the TRINITY is like performing Martial arts: The body movements and the TRINITY rig are in perfect harmony. Thank you Curt Schaller and ARRI to make my dream shots possible.
TRINITY Operator Tom Lebaric
TRINITY is the game changer, it gives us operators the freedom to move more and worry less. I always like to think that TRINITY has finally allowed us to fly, glide, and dance like never before, it is indeed an amazing contribution to the film making industry and im glad to be part of this growing community.
TRINITY Operator John Ross Misa
TRINITY gives directors and cinematographers new ways to tell stories. In my many years as a steadicam operator I have had to work with limits to my movements - TRINITY has freed me from those limits. It gives me a smooth, seamless and natural feeling, and every shoot is unique - even after a year I discover new combinations of movement every time I use it.
Camera/Steadicam/TRINITY Operator Junior Lucano
With the TRINITY, there are no restrictions in storytelling, it inspires directors to find a new visual language. I am particularly impressed with its agility, its wide range and its fluidity, which enabled me to design new shots. Giving us more artistic creativity, the TRINITY helped us to achieve unique and impressive images, through unrestricted shooting angles and movements under great stability.
Director Zou Fei
As a Steadicam operator and technician I am trying to stay on top of the newest technology. That is what the Trinity is, and I knew that with the ARRI name behind it, the future of the system was assured. For me the purchase of the Trinity was also a ‘marketing move’ - I want to be known as ‘the guy who has the cool, cutting edge stuff’.
Cinematographer/TRINITY Operator Axel Ebermann
New CSS Showreel
See TRINITY, MAXIMA, and SRH-3 hard at work behind the scenes in our brand new ARRI Camera Stabilizer Systems Showreel.
Whether with commercial work or on feature films, ARRI’s camera system stabilizers provide rock-steady images with ultimate flexibility, regardless of terrain.
We would like to thank all the film crews who put their trust in our products and chose ARRI for their productions.