The broadcast and media industry is experiencing a period of extraordinary innovation. In order to professionally encounter and better understand the highly topical trends of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) content production for HD and beyond for the broadcast industry, ARRI and the volumetric studio, Volucap, organized the second International Broadcast Day at the Babelsberg Studios in Potsdam, Germany.
This unique gathering which provided a platform for exchanging knowledge and experiences on future key technologies with industry leaders, took place from June 26 – 27, 2019 in the FX Center and the state-of-the-art Volucap Studio with camera and lighting solutions as well as system services from ARRI. Experts from around the world joined the ARRI and Volucap teams for one and a half days of keynotes, presentations, and workshops with a special focus on discussing opportunities, applications, and constraints of VR and AR affecting media today.
The event gave insights into different focus topics. The morning session comprised of presentations of top keynote speakers, while the afternoon session was spent in detailed, rotating workshops lead by experts from SMPTE, nablet, TrackMen, Volucap and ARRI.
· Lorenzo Zanni, Head of Insight & Analysis of IABM
· Muki Kulhan, Executive Digital Producer & Creative Tech Analyst, member of the IBC Content Steering Group
· Richard Mills, Technical Director Sky VR Studios UK
· Hassan Kiyany, member of the VR/AR Association Middle East
· Frank Govaere, VFX Supervisor UFA Technology & UFA LAB
· Lighting for LED and beyond
· VR/AR workflows in practice
· MXF Live of IP - safe, fast and transparent from set to post
· Trends in Camera Technologies