These critical roles within our group will be required to work on the road as well as in the warehouse (when no on assignment), performing the duties and responsibilities listed below.
The primary job is to oversee Generator power for live events mostly in the Sports Broadcast Industry. Over the road interstate travel is required and at times for several weeks in a row. The position requires working alone on jobs sites with the client as a single representative of the company.
Main areas of responsibilities for these full-time roles include:
- Driver Responsibilities: Full understanding of all current CDL laws. Includes daily vehicle inspection reports. Maintaining accurate driver logbook. Individual mileage reports. Making sure the vehicle is current on service intervals. Properly and safely securing all loads in or on the vehicle. Keeping track and logging all expenses via expense report. Maintaining an accurate weekly timecard. Random DOT drug screening.
- Generator Technician Responsibilities: Following all ID procedures as laid out in the Broadcast Generator Tech Handbook. Includes generator knowledge in parallel and non-parallel set ups. Maintaining all generator log sheets to include operation log, monitor sheet, and Generator fuel logs. Working with office personnel prior to events for the scheduling of fuel deliveries. Communicating with ID personnel to trouble shoot potential issues. Performing minor repairs in the field per instruction from ID personnel. Performing regular scheduled generator maintenance. Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clientele.
- Knowledge of Generators and Diesel Engines.
- Ability to interact professionally and positively at all times, including when under pressure.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and customer service driven.
- Must be organized and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- CDL A License with clean MVR required.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Prior Broadcast knowledge is a plus but not necessary.
- Be available to work prolonged hours and be on the road for extended time periods. Able to travel via commercial airlines as business needs require.
A College degree is not required for this role. However, we will require a Background check, DOT Drug test and prior Employment and Safety verifications per DOT requirements must be fulfilled prior to hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work seated driving for long periods at a time in accordance with DOT/CDL laws. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting of up to 100 pounds is required. Proper lifting techniques are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include identifying colors.