Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG (hereafter known as ARRI) is obliged to protect your personal data. By using the website and the online content of ARRI, you agree in advance to this Privacy Declaration.
You personal data is collected, processed and used exclusively within the scope of the provisions of the privacy protection statutes (data protection statues) of the Federal Republic of Germany. Information concerning the nature, extent and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data is provided below. You can view this information at any time on our website.
1. Which data is collected, processed and used by ARRI
Generally speaking, you are not required to state who you are or provide any personal data in order to visit the website of ARRI or view the website content. To enable ARRI to sell products to you and/or to provide you with information on certain services, including customer service and/or information related to products or services, and/or to enable you to make full use of the website content, it is necessary to collect suitable personal data on the relevant pages of the website or the online content and in the relevant data entries. This includes in particular, but not exclusively, your personal information or company details, such as your name, company name, address, age, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact data; information on products, such as serial number, product site, configuration and other product-related data and/or information regarding product purchases, as well as references to your identification particulars and details, including use profiles, information on the start and end of use of the online content, and scope of use. Furthermore, for technical reasons data may be collected automatically when our website is accessed, such as the date and time of access, the URL of the referring website, the files viewed, the volume of data sent, the browser type and version, the operating system, and your IP address. (The data mentioned above is hereafter collectively referred to as personal data.)
2. Use and disclosure of your personal data
ARRI may collect, process and use your personal data to:
- fulfil its obligations under the provisions of the purchase contract as well as other contractual agreements between you and ARRI;
- provide customer service, including services in connection with the business operations of ARRI, such as warranties, guarantees and customer service;
- make upgrades, updates and bug fixes for your products available to you;
- obtain your opinion on ARRI products and services and conduct product surveys;
- simplify and process your search transactions and your requests for data and for the products and services of ARRI;
- provide you with the latest information on ARRI products and services, including suggestions and special offers that you may be interested in;
- improve ARRIs products and services for you;
- conduct competitions, contests and other promotional offers and marketing activities;
- ensure that you are only able to access this website by means of the interface provided by ARRI for this purpose.
ARRI stores your personal data solely in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected or in order to comply with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
ARRI may share personal data with other ARRI affiliated companies in Europe and worldwide, make personal data available to them or convey personal data to them, subject to the condition that ARRI must nevertheless strictly comply with applicable privacy protection legislation. ARRI affiliated companies use your personal data only for the purposes mentioned above, and they are subject to strict principles and rules regarding the use and protection of personal data. (ARRI affiliated companies comprise all companies, firms, and partnerships for which the majority of their shares or equity is owned directly or indirectly by ARRI or is controlled by ARRI.)
External companies receive personal data only to the extent necessary to provide the service concerned. We do not allow external companies to use your personal data for any other purpose.
It may necessary for us to access your personal data or disclose your personal data in order to comply with the provisions of applicable laws or court proceedings or to assert our rights or defend ourselves against legal claims. We will disclose personal data and all other available information if necessary in order to investigate unlawful activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the corporeal integrity of persons or violations of the conditions of use specified by ARRI, or to take preventive measures or countermeasures in this regard. Data may additionally be conveyed for other reasons to the extent required or permitted by law.
3. How ARRI collects personal data
ARRI collects data about you in various ways. For example, we request your contact data when you correspond with ARRI, call ARRI to make a purchase or request customer service, register your purchased products with our customer service department, or register in order to view our online content, support, or material available for downloading.
The most common examples of how ARRI collects your personal data are:
- When you register an ARRI product or service, we collect your name, address, and other contact data, as well as the product name or model name, product site, etc.
- When you request help from our customer service department, we record your name, contact data, the purchased product, product site, technical problem concerned, advice provided, etc.
- When you purchase a product from us or have a purchasing question, we record your name, contact data, the products you have purchased or wish to purchase, and your questions.
- When you use our website and our online content, make a purchase online or use the download areas, if necessary we create an account for you with your contact data, product data, payment preferences and delivery preferences. In some cases it is necessary to make a credit check if you wish to purchase a product or service.
Data collected online may also be combined with data you have made available to ARRI at other times, such as during the purchasing process, product registrations, calls to ARRI, or at public events such as exhibitions and fairs. The personal data received by ARRI in such cases is compared with existing data in databases and stored in order to simplify our customer data management system.
The personal data that we collect may be stored in various databases. ARRI strives to respect the various preferences you have expressed at various times in order to process your data appropriately. If you ever receive incorrect data for whatever reason, please contact ARRI in order to correct the situation.
4. Security of collected personal data
ARRI takes due care to protect your personal data against loss and misuse. ARRI strives to the best of its ability to take all suitable technical and organisational measures and precautionary measures in order to protect personal data against unauthorised access, improper use, changes, loss or destruction. These measures comprise:
- Restricting access to personal data. Only employees who need to know the data in order to offer you products and services are allowed access.
- Using physical, electronic and process-based security mechanisms conforming to regulations in order to protect your personal data.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for the collection and transmission of sensitive data, such as credit card details.
6. Right to receive information, correct, block and delete personal data
On request and with no need to state a reason, you may at any time receive information concerning your data stored by us. You may at any time block, correct or delete your data collected by us. You may at any time revoke the declaration of consent given to us for the collection, processing and use of personal data, with no need to state a reason. To do so, please communicate with ARRI at the address stated under point 9 by fax, telephone or letter.
On request, you will receive a declaration regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as confirmation that all parties concerned have been informed of your information request with regard to modification, blocking or deletion. ARRI will do everything within its power to fulfil these requests.
If you wish to be deleted from an e-mail distribution list (such as for a newsletter), please use the Unsubscribe link and/or follow the instructions that are (normally) included in the footer of the e-mail message, or contact ARRI at the address mentioned under point 9 by fax, telephone or post.
7. Links to other sites
Some ARRI websites contain links to other websites that are not administered by ARRI. Your personal data is not shared with these websites. Although ARRI strives to offer only links to sites that comply with the high standards of ARRI with regard to personal privacy, ARRI does not bear any responsibility for the content, security or privacy practices of other sites and expressly disavows any liability in connection with the use of other sites and the content found on other sites.
8. Child protection (children aged 14 years or less)
ARRI does not knowingly acquire or collect personal data from children or about children (aged 14 years or less) without the permission of their parents or guardians, and ARRI does not knowingly market any products or services to children If ARRI becomes aware that a person whose personal data has been submitted via an ARRI website is a child, ARRI will do everything in its power to delete this personal data as quickly as possible. ARRI will do everything in its power to ensure that this personal data is not used for any other purpose or disclosed to other parties.
If you need additional assistance or wish to submit a comment, request or declaration, please contact us at the following address or by means of one of the contact options stated below:
Arnold & Richter Cine Technik GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
Tel.: +49 (0)89 3809 0
Fax: +49 (0)89 3809 1244
Last updated: 2010