YOMEDDINE DP Federico Cesca in Cannes
ARRI caught up with cinematographer Federico Cesca at the Cannes International Film Festival. See our video of him talking about his film YOMEDDINE.
ARRI caught up with cinematographer Federico Cesca at the Cannes International Film Festival. See our video of him talking about his film YOUMEDDINE.
YOMEDDINE, which translates into English as Judgement Day, is the first Egyptian film to be invited to the main competition in Cannes. It tells the story of a man who has recovered from leprosy and embarks on a road trip to find his father. The film received a ten-minute standing ovation after its festival screening.
The Director of Photography, Federico Cesca, used an ALEXA Classic on the shoot, and spoke enthusiastically about the creative options the camera gave him. “There’s no veil between us and the characters,” he says in the interview, “there seems to be a very direct connection.”
You can read more about the ARRI presence in Cannes here: http://www.arri.com/news/news/arri-reflects-on-an-eventful-cannes-2018/
Other Top Stories >>
- MOTHER’S DAY – filming drama with AMIRA
- ARRI Camera Showreel Fall 2018
- AMIRA Cinematic Multicam in HDR
- ARRI’s new Compact Bridge Plates
- ARRI’s Vertical Format Adapter and Smart APU
- ARRI congratulates the winners of Venice 2018
- AMIRA Multicam rises to broadcast challenge
- HBO’s BARRY: DP Paula Huidobro Takes the Reins
- Viacom TELEFE launches all ARRI LED studio
- ARRI TRINITY "only option" for PON MY MIND