RAFIKI DP Christopher Wessels in Cannes
ARRI caught up with cinematographer Christopher Wessels at the Cannes International Film Festival. In our video he talks about his experience using the ALEXA Mini on the Kenyan film RAFIKI.
ARRI caught up with DP Christopher Wessels at the Cannes International Film Festival. See our video of him talking about his film RAFIKI.
Christopher Wessels told ARRI that he “didn’t want to shoot poverty poor. I wanted something that would jump out, and show a space that I was experiencing that was vibrant, that was alive, that was colorful.”
RAFIKI, directed by Wanuri Kahiu, had its official screening in the “Un Certain Regard” section of the Cannes festival, and received a standing ovation. It´s the second project to benefit from ARRI's International Support Program, with picture postproduction by ARRI Media.
It tells the story of a love affair between two women, and was the first Kenyan film to be premiered in Cannes. It was banned by Kenya’s Film and Classification Board for what it called its “clear intent to promote lesbianism,“ and currently cannot be shown in the country.
You can read more about the ARRI presence in Cannes here: http://www.arri.com/news/news/arri-reflects-on-an-eventful-cannes-2018/
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI equipment in China on ANIMAL WORLD
- ARRI Trade-In / Trade-Up Program launched
- MAGIC SEVEN DP Laurent Dailland on TRINITY
- FIFA LEGENDS highlighted by AMIRA Multicam
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger