New high-speed ballast for the M40
ARRI's new generation of ballasts incorporates an AutoScan feature that ensures optimum light and image quality with a minimum of effort for high-speed recording up to 1,000 fps and beyond.
First to be released was the EB 12/18 HS AutoScan for 12 kW and 18 kW discharge lamps, followed by the EB 6/9 HS AutoScan. Now ARRI presents the EB 2.5/4 HS AutoScan, designed for the 2.5 kW and 4 kW power classes.
Three different modes are available for high-speed operation: AutoScan (fully automatic), Man (manual frequency control) or AutoMan (manual frequency setting with automatic frequency control). Other key features include Active Line Filter (ALF), Compensation for Cable Losses (CCL) and DMX control, delivering maximum light quality with efficient supply and wiring. When combined with the ARRI M40 lamphead, the EB 2.5/4 HS AutoScan ballast enables a faster and simpler way of working on set -- at any frame rate.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Reflects on an Eventful Cannes 2018
- RAFIKI DP Christopher Wessels in Cannes
- Samsung Selects ARRI ALEXA Footage
- ARRI at DOK.fest Munich
- ARRI ALEXA LF: A Night Out in Sydney
- WILDLING director Fritz Boehm on ARRI
- "Bigger, Brighter, Better": ARRI at NAB 2018
- AMIRA Multicam shoots for ETERNAL GLORY
- ARRI introduces Sony VENICE accessory kits
- ARRI introduces Unit Bags II