ARRI wins two Cinec Awards
The 2016 Cinec International Trade Fair for Cine Equipment and Technology culminated in an awards ceremony at the Residenz palace in Munich on 18 September. Well-established and respected worldwide, the Cinec Awards recognize outstanding achievements and developments in the field of cine technology.
This year ARRI was honored twice. In the category Lighting Engineering, ARRI was presented with a Cinec Award for the SkyPanel family of LED soft lights, which comprises the S30, S60 and S120 fixtures. In its citation, the jury commented: “The ARRI SkyPanel is an innovative LED light system with intelligent computer control, housed in a very robust case.”
In the category Camera Technology/New Digital Capturing Tools there was a joint award for the ALEXA Mini and TRINITY camera stabilizer system. “We honor the ARRI ALEXA Mini and the ARRI TRINITY as a complete solution for a camera with light weight and the possibility to move the whole system as harmonically as possibly,” the jury noted.
Each Cinec Award consists of a certificate and a ‘Bavaria’ trophy – a statuette that reproduces one of Munich’s landmarks.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Events at Berlinale 2018
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under