ALEXA 65 tops BIRTV Awards
The Beijing International Radio, TV and Film Exhibition (BIRTV) Awards are the most influential film and TV industry technology accolades in China. For two decades they have recognized the most groundbreaking products, promoting technological innovation in the fields of broadcasting, film and television.
The 2016 BIRTV Awards took place on August 23rd in Beijing, with the ARRI ALEXA 65 being announced as the winner of the BIRTV Grand Award for an Outstanding Product during the ceremony. Silvan Liu, Head of Service for ARRI in the East Asia Pacific region, accepted the award on behalf of the company.
Available exclusively through ARRI Rental, the ALEXA 65 system provides a complete large-format solution for high-end theatrical motion pictures. It comprises a 65 mm digital cinema camera, custom-designed prime and zoom lenses, and fast, efficient workflow tools.
With an open gate resolution of 6560 x 3100 photosites, ALEXA 65 offers the same incredible sensitivity, high dynamic range and natural colorimetry as ALEXA 35 mm format cameras, but far greater spatial resolution. This results in images that look stunningly life-like on the largest cinema screens, with pristine clarity and incredibly fine detail.
Feature films to have utilized the ALEXA 65 -- either throughout production or for selected sequences -- include THE REVENANT, SNOWDEN, CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, SULLY, ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY and THE GREAT WALL, which was filmed in China.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Events at Berlinale 2018
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under