Arnold & Richter Cine Technik (ARRI) is a global company within the motion picture media industry, employing around 1,500 staff worldwide. The company was founded in 1917 in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries exist in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of five business units: Camera Systems, Lighting, Media, Rental, and Medical. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry, with a worldwide distribution and service network. It is also an integrated media service provider in the fields of film post- and coproduction, international sales, as well as equipment rental, supplying camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions. ARRI Medical focuses on the use of core imaging technologies for surgical applications.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
Lens Service Technician( Camera)
Permanent - Full Time - Burbank, CA
- Evaluation of the performance, condition, and quality control of new and used cinema camera lenses
- Troubleshooting and identifying equipment issues, and providing estimates of repair for clients
- Maintenance and repair of all ARRI Cine Lenses, including third party manufacturers
- Completing necessary repair paperwork documenting work performed and parts utilized
- Providing technical training of company products to colleagues in order to enable them to perform maintenance and repairs
- Providing technical phone support on service related issues and customer repair questions
- Work with the global service organization to support the worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
- Participate in demos and workshops on camera & lens equipment for potential clients and support in-house staff training
- Bachelor’s degree in Optical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent hands-on industry knowledge with a minimum of 6 years’ experience
- Experience in servicing and repairing of professional camera lenses, video lenses, and full frame lenses from Zeiss, Fujinon, Angenieux, Cooke, Leica, Canon and others
- Understanding of digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post production environment
- Exceptional optical and mechanical skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software and Mac OS
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and client respectfully
- Willingness to travel as necessary to headquarters in Germany, visiting customers, trade shows, and set locations
- Organization and attention to detail
- Medical, dental/vision, and life insurance
- 401k Plan
- Vacation, sick and personal leave
- Gym membership discount
- Development opportunities
- Employee events
If you are up to this challenge and you possess the necessary skills, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
Please e-mail your resume to ARRIcareers@arri.com. In order to be considered, you must include your hourly salary requirement
as soon as possible