Welcome to ARRI Careers
ARRI is a very successful worldwide operating company with high quality products and services. The dedication of our high motivated employees contributes to our success whether at our headquarters in Munich or at our bases in America, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We offer continuous varied career opportunities in Germany and abroad for employees with large enthusiasm, innovative spirit and passion. As well as school graduates and students are enabled to get interesting insights and perspectives.
Lighting System Application Engineer
The Lighting System Application Engineer determines system solutions and project specifications for professional lighting systems with focus on applications for the Film & TV as well as the extended PRO A/V market (including the Worship market) by evaluation of customer requirements, studying product design and performance standards and identifying lighting solutions Elements.
We seek someone who excels in engineering and thrives in an environment of details and multi-tasking. To flourish in this role, you must possess superior networking and relationship-building skills as interaction with potential and existing clients is critical for success.
With a University Degree or has completed an apprenticeship with experience in electrical and/or electronic engineering, media and/or event technology or related fields. The right candidate will possess an understanding of Lighting Equipment and/or the above mentioned markets. Along with familiarity in the Motion picture industry.
- This position will offer consultancy to key customers for lighting solutions in the described markets, preparing cost estimates and dedicated offers in cooperation with the ARRI Inc. sales team, local system integrators, or the ARRI System Group (Berlin and/or Hong Kong) as appropriate for turnkey studio projects.
- ‘Keep an eye’ on all relevant safety objectives and legal federal and state requirements and regulations, relevant for fixed lighting installations in the U.S. like for general “upper machinery”/suspensions and power management installations
- Managing of the maintenance and after sales support of implemented project elements lighting, network control, mounting & suspensions etc.
- Understanding control for kinetic, reactive, volumetric and other emerging lighting production applications.
- University degree or completed apprenticeship with experiences in electrical and or electronic engineering, media and/or event technology or similar
- Experiences in system planning and project management for lighting applications, preferred in Pro A/V respectively Broadcast applications are recommended
- Knowledge and experiences in workflows in the film, TV & entertainment industry with focus on in house productions are an advantage
- Experiences in requirement analysis for fixed lighting applications and lighting design skills,
- Knowledge of DMX, Art-Net and sACN lighting control protocols, and experience with various digital lighting control panels.
- Experiences in Project Management and project cost calculations, preferably in the Broadcast, Entertainment or Media industry
- Documentation and project status reporting skills
- Working knowledge in CAD programs: AutoCAD and or Vectorworks
- Good understanding about IT network basics (Ethernet protocols), knowledge about standards for IT networks in Pro A/V, Broadcast and Entertainment environments.
- Willing to travel and to manage projects for an extended time frame ‘away from home’.
- Working knowledge in Spanish would be an advantage
We truly value our staff and offer the benefits to prove it, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k plus profit sharing plan, vacation, sick and personal leave, etc.
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
To be considered please fax your resume to 845-215-0170 or email to email@example.com. We require that you include your salary requirements for this role along with your resume.
ARRI is an equal opportunity employer.
ARRI Careers Contact >>
You can find the contact for each vacancy in the respective job advertisement. For any other questions please contact the Human Resources Department:
Arnold & Richter Cine Technik
GmbH & Co. Betriebs KG
Human Resources Department
Are you interested in a position abroad? Then please send your application directly to the respective local subsidiary.
Initiative Application >>
We are always looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals who’d like to grow their career with us nationally or internationally.
If you are interested in working for ARRI but have not seen a suitable job advertised, you are welcome to send us your application speculatively.
Careers at Camera Systems >>
Shoot a new episode in your life. Join a company in a creative industry with great products and a family atmosphere. ARRI Camera Systems is looking for new team members to take it on to even greater successes.
Careers at Lighting >>
Light up your life. Help to develop new lighting technology that will change the way films and television programs are made. ARRI Lighting is looking for bright heads and passionate hearts.
Careers at Services >>
Create your own vision. Be a part of an international service network that supports and fosters creativity. ARRI Services is looking for talented individuals to help moviemakers to realize their ideas.