Single-axis lens control
ARRI's Wireless System is a sophisticated toolset for controlling lens and camera functions on set. At IBC 2013 ARRI is announcing a new product in the Wireless System line-up -- the SXU-1, a single-axis hand unit for wireless iris or focus control.
The SXU-1 is a simple and affordable hand unit that is designed to control a single lens axis. It is compatible with ALEXA Plus and Studio models, as well as many other cameras via the Universal Motor Controller UMC-3A. On set the SXU-1 perfectly complements the 3-axis Wireless Compact Unit WCU-4 as a separate iris control unit, perhaps operated by the cinematographer in situations where subtle exposure adjustments are required during travelling shots. Alternatively it can be used on its own, offering a low cost option to productions that do not need multi-axis wireless lens control.
With an ergonomic design and a super-smooth control knob, the SXU-1 is extremely comfortable to use, and its backlit marking rings can easily be read in the dark. The unit is powered by an inexpensive camcorder battery, although there is also the option to plug into an AC power supply when available, for example when controlling the iris from behind a monitor. The SXU-1 is compatible with all ARRI Wireless System products with a white-coded radio modem.
This device has not yet been authorized by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and will not be, offered for sale or lease within the United States, until authorization is obtained.
Other Top Stories >>
- Review: ARRI at Berlinale 2018
- Rachel Morrison on BLACK PANTHER and MUDBOUND
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France