SHERLOCK among ALEXA Emmy® winners
ARRI congratulates the many TV shows and telefilms shot with ARRI cameras that won awards at the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles. Winning productions captured on ALEXA include MODERN FAMILY (Outstanding Comedy Series), FARGO (Outstanding Miniseries) and GAME OF THRONES (Outstanding Special and Visual Effects). Neville Kidd won Outstanding Cinematography For a Miniseries or Movie for his work on the SHERLOCK episode titled "His Last Vow."
Says Kidd, “Shooting SHERLOCK 'His Last Vow' with the ALEXA added the cinematic look I needed from a 35 digital camera. This episode explored the emotional journey of Sherlock having to deal with his impending death. In showing this I wanted an extreme range of lighting styles. ALEXA’s latitude helped enormously with being able to achieve the look I was after. The lighting I used was at times very contrasty and the ALEXA gave me the full range of latitude I needed, giving good detail in the blacks while allowing highlights to remain filmic. We shot with two ALEXAs and I wanted a bulletproof workflow that we never had to worry about. The end result and look of ‘His Last Vow’ was exactly what I wanted and happily the Academy agreed!"
Kidd is currently shooting the highly anticipated series OUTLANDER for Starz, based on Diana Gabaldon's bestseller.
Winning productions shooting with ARRICAMS include THE NORMAL HEART (Outstanding TV Movie) and BREAKING BAD (Outstanding Drama).
ARRI salutes all the nominees and winners for a year of television excellence and artistry.
Other Top Stories >>
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger
- ARRI LED lights shine at Callaway Golf studio
- DP Jerome de Gelache’s AMIRA Investment
- ARRI takes part in Volucap Volumetric Studio
- ARRI makes ARRIRAW available for AMIRA