New L7-DT LED fixture
Only a few months after the announcement of the L7-TT (tuneable tungsten) and Active Cooling versions of the popular L7 LED Fresnel light, ARRI is proud to release another new addition to the L-Series -- a tuneable daylight model designated as the L7-DT.
The L7-DT is adjustable from 5,000 K to 6,500 K. This versatility allows for fine-tuning of the color temperature to match other daylight light sources or TV displays in the shot, or to create different daylight looks. While maintaining the same size and weight as current L7 fixtures, the L7-DT is more than 30% brighter than the L7-C. It also offers adjustable green-magenta point and amazing color quality and consistency. The L7-DT is perfect for the many TV studios currently switching to daylight fixtures.
L-Series fixtures can reduce electricity usage by more than 75% and further savings are brought about by the exceptional life span of the LED light engine, which lasts around 200 times longer than a conventional tungsten lamp. The reduced maintenance and minimized power distribution combine with other cost-saving attributes such as built-in dimming to provide a rapid return on investment for both studio and location applications.
L7 lampheads provide the same light quality and simplicity-of-use as conventional tungsten Fresnels, and can easily be used alongside them. This allows studio facilities to make a gradual transition from older tungsten fixtures to the L-Series, spreading the cost over a longer period without workflow inefficiencies or changes to working practices.
Other Top Stories >>
- MOTHER’S DAY – filming drama with AMIRA
- ARRI Camera Showreel Fall 2018
- AMIRA Cinematic Multicam in HDR
- ARRI’s new Compact Bridge Plates
- ARRI’s Vertical Format Adapter and Smart APU
- ARRI congratulates the winners of Venice 2018
- AMIRA Multicam rises to broadcast challenge
- HBO’s BARRY: DP Paula Huidobro Takes the Reins
- Viacom TELEFE launches all ARRI LED studio
- ARRI TRINITY "only option" for PON MY MIND