Mattias Troelstrup on GIRLS OF THE SUN
ARRI talked to DP Mattias Troelstrup at the Cannes International Film Festival about his work on Girls of the Sun.
ARRI talked to DP Mattias Troelstrup at the Cannes International Film Festival about his work on GIRLS OF THE SUN.
The film is set in a remote region of northern Iraq and tells the story of a group of women who have escaped kidnap from Islamic fighters, and their subsequent participation in combat. It combines action sequences with sensitive portrayals of characters who have survived horrific experiences.
The film was shot on an ALEXA Mini, which was chosen for its versatility and picture quality. “We wanted that shallow depth of field, but still see the environment,” Mattias told us, “you can put it anywhere.”
You can read more about the ARRI presence in Cannes here: http://www.arri.com/news/news/arri-reflects-on-an-eventful-cannes-2018/
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI ALEXA Mini enlisted to serve New Zealand
- ARRI talks with filmmakers in Venice
- AMIRA Multicam rises to high fashion
- ARRI ALEXA LF shoots for Target in Australia
- ARRI applauds First Steps Award winners 2018
- MOTHER’S DAY – filming drama with AMIRA
- ARRI Camera Showreel Fall 2018
- AMIRA Cinematic Multicam in HDR
- ARRI’s new Compact Bridge Plates
- ARRI’s Vertical Format Adapter and Smart APU