Mattias Troelstrup on GIRLS OF THE SUN
ARRI talked to DP Mattias Troelstrup at the Cannes International Film Festival about his work on Girls of the Sun.
ARRI talked to DP Mattias Troelstrup at the Cannes International Film Festival about his work on GIRLS OF THE SUN.
The film is set in a remote region of northern Iraq and tells the story of a group of women who have escaped kidnap from Islamic fighters, and their subsequent participation in combat. It combines action sequences with sensitive portrayals of characters who have survived horrific experiences.
The film was shot on an ALEXA Mini, which was chosen for its versatility and picture quality. “We wanted that shallow depth of field, but still see the environment,” Mattias told us, “you can put it anywhere.”
You can read more about the ARRI presence in Cannes here: http://www.arri.com/news/news/arri-reflects-on-an-eventful-cannes-2018/
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI equipment in China on ANIMAL WORLD
- ARRI Trade-In / Trade-Up Program launched
- MAGIC SEVEN DP Laurent Dailland on TRINITY
- FIFA LEGENDS highlighted by AMIRA Multicam
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger