BAMBI Audience Award for ALEXA TV miniseries
Proving how powerfully images shot on the ARRI ALEXA can speak to the hearts of viewers, audiences in Germany have voted in their millions to name DER MANN MIT DEM FAGOTT (THE MAN WITH THE BASSOON) as the best television miniseries of the year at the BAMBI Awards.
The most glamorous event in Germany's social calendar, the BAMBI Awards 2011, which were held last night, attracted international celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber, and captured a TV audience of more than six million people in Germany alone.
German TV audiences have voted in their millions to name DER MANN MIT DEM FAGOTT (THE MAN WITH THE BASSOON) as TV Miniseries of the Year at the prestigious BAMBI Awards. The series was shot on ARRI ALEXA cameras by DP Gernot Roll, BVK.
BAMBI is a symbol for the audience's approval and a tribute to those whose abilities have dazzled and inspired the people of Germany. To win a BAMBI Audience Award is a special achievement for creative professionals, because it is a people's prize - voted for by the public.
Five productions were nominated for the TV Miniseries Audience BAMBI this year:
* GOTTES MÄCHTIGE DIENERIN (GOD'S ALMIGHTY SERVANT)
* HINDENBURG (HINDENBURG)
* DIE SÄULEN DER ERDE (THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH)
* SCHICKSALSJAHRE (THE FATEFUL YEARS)
* DER MANN MIT DEM FAGOTT (THE MAN WITH THE BASSOON)
The winning miniseries, THE MAN WITH THE BASSOON, is about a great entertainer looking back on his life. Based on the novel of the same name, by Udo Jürgens and Michaela Moritz, the screenplay was written by Harald Göckeritz and Miguel Alexandre. Jürgens, who also wrote the music, plays himself in the film, while David Rott plays his younger self. Christian Berkel and Ulrich Noethen are the other two stars, and all were present at the BAMBI Awards to celebrate their win.
THE MAN WITH THE BASSOON was directed by Miguel Alexandre and produced by Ziegler Film (Regina Ziegler) and Graf Film for ARD Degeto/ORF in association with SevenOne International. It was shot by cinematographer Gernot Roll, BVK, with an ARRI ALEXA camera kit supplied by ARRI Rental.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under
- ARRI attends Camerimage 25
- ARRI Italia expands and relocates in Milan
- ARRI activities at Camerimage
- ARRI helps celebrate 25 years of IMAGO
- TV Academy honors ARRI with Engineering Emmy®
- Chinese DP Li Bingqiang on NEVER SAY DIE
- Cinematic AMIRA Multicam rocks The Who
Take a journey through time >>
Let there be Sky. >>
CSS Showreel >>
See new creative options in film-making revealed in the brand new ARRI Camera Stabilizer Systems Showreel.