ARRI Pro Camera Accessories go Epic
As First Assistant Camera, Alex Falk works with a variety of cameras from different manufacturers as well as the gear that supports them. Recently Falk selected ARRI Pro Camera Accessories for a television pilot directed by Andrew Huang with cinematography by DP Laura Merians. Falk outfitted the RED Epic camera body with Lightweight Support, Bridge Plate BP-9, Lightweight Matte Box LMB-25 and the Wireless Control Unit WCU-3. The crew dealt with a multitude of set-ups and shooting conditions to test the durability and ergonomics of the accessories.
“Using ARRI's new LMB-25 and Epic 15 mm Lightweight Base Plate combined with a BP-9, we were able to build a very compact and easy handling Epic. We shifted quickly from Steadicam moves into aggressive handheld, and could also rapidly transition into VFX lock-offs. For a shoot that required a very adaptable and fast camera package, ARRI accessories were the right choice,” says Falk.
Other Top Stories >>
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger
- ARRI LED lights shine at Callaway Golf studio
- DP Jerome de Gelache’s AMIRA Investment
- ARRI takes part in Volucap Volumetric Studio
- ARRI makes ARRIRAW available for AMIRA