ARRI Pro Camera Accessories go Epic
As First Assistant Camera, Alex Falk works with a variety of cameras from different manufacturers as well as the gear that supports them. Recently Falk selected ARRI Pro Camera Accessories for a television pilot directed by Andrew Huang with cinematography by DP Laura Merians. Falk outfitted the RED Epic camera body with Lightweight Support, Bridge Plate BP-9, Lightweight Matte Box LMB-25 and the Wireless Control Unit WCU-3. The crew dealt with a multitude of set-ups and shooting conditions to test the durability and ergonomics of the accessories.
“Using ARRI's new LMB-25 and Epic 15 mm Lightweight Base Plate combined with a BP-9, we were able to build a very compact and easy handling Epic. We shifted quickly from Steadicam moves into aggressive handheld, and could also rapidly transition into VFX lock-offs. For a shoot that required a very adaptable and fast camera package, ARRI accessories were the right choice,” says Falk.
Other Top Stories >>
- Chinese DP Li Bingqiang on NEVER SAY DIE
- Cinematic AMIRA Multicam rocks The Who
- Skynamic: "ALEXA Mini can handle it all"
- Lighting BLADE RUNNER 2049
- ARRI ALEXA Mini used to shoot AMERICAN MADE
- ARRI at IBC 2017: "Fantastic line-up"
- ARRI celebrates centennial
- A Brief Chronicle of ARRI in Latin America
- ARRI partners with Hunan Broadcasting System
- "TRINITY has renewed my faith"
Take a journey through time >>
Let there be Sky. >>
CSS Showreel >>
See new creative options in film-making revealed in the brand new ARRI Camera Stabilizer Systems Showreel.