ARRI and cmotion expand ALEXA wireless options
ARRI is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with cmotion, a major manufacturer of high-end lens control systems for cinematographic applications. As a result of the partnership, the current cmotion hand controllers will become compatible with the ARRI ALEXA Plus camera. Customers will have the choice of using either ARRI hand controllers such as the Wireless Compact Unit (WCU-3) or cmotion's modular cvolution system.
In 2003 cmotion exploded into the industry with the launch of its revolutionary wireless lens and camera control systems. With its bold yet ergonomic design, cmotion became well established and received its first public recognition in the form of The Cinec Award just one year later. In 2007, the continued success of the cmotion system gained worldwide reputation when awarded the Technical Achievement Award by the Academy of Motion Pictures for Art and Science. This was closely followed by a second Cinec Award in 2008 for the innovative cdisplay II. Today, with over 250 systems in operation worldwide, cmotion is one of the industries most reputable producers of wireless lens and camera control.
cmotion has been targeted for partnership by ARRI because it is a highly innovative company with particular expertise in remotely controlling 3D technology. ARRI and cmotion will work together to market and sell their combined product range globally.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Events at Berlinale 2018
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under