ARRI and cmotion expand ALEXA wireless options
ARRI is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with cmotion, a major manufacturer of high-end lens control systems for cinematographic applications. As a result of the partnership, the current cmotion hand controllers will become compatible with the ARRI ALEXA Plus camera. Customers will have the choice of using either ARRI hand controllers such as the Wireless Compact Unit (WCU-3) or cmotion's modular cvolution system.
In 2003 cmotion exploded into the industry with the launch of its revolutionary wireless lens and camera control systems. With its bold yet ergonomic design, cmotion became well established and received its first public recognition in the form of The Cinec Award just one year later. In 2007, the continued success of the cmotion system gained worldwide reputation when awarded the Technical Achievement Award by the Academy of Motion Pictures for Art and Science. This was closely followed by a second Cinec Award in 2008 for the innovative cdisplay II. Today, with over 250 systems in operation worldwide, cmotion is one of the industries most reputable producers of wireless lens and camera control.
cmotion has been targeted for partnership by ARRI because it is a highly innovative company with particular expertise in remotely controlling 3D technology. ARRI and cmotion will work together to market and sell their combined product range globally.
Other Top Stories >>
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger
- ARRI LED lights shine at Callaway Golf studio
- DP Jerome de Gelache’s AMIRA Investment
- ARRI takes part in Volucap Volumetric Studio
- ARRI makes ARRIRAW available for AMIRA
- ARRI Archive Workshop 2018
- RSPB Filmmaker Wild About AMIRA
- ARRI's Ring of Light at NAB 2018
- Mattias Troelstrup on GIRLS OF THE SUN