ARRI and cmotion expand ALEXA wireless options
ARRI is pleased to announce a strategic partnership with cmotion, a major manufacturer of high-end lens control systems for cinematographic applications. As a result of the partnership, the current cmotion hand controllers will become compatible with the ARRI ALEXA Plus camera. Customers will have the choice of using either ARRI hand controllers such as the Wireless Compact Unit (WCU-3) or cmotion's modular cvolution system.
In 2003 cmotion exploded into the industry with the launch of its revolutionary wireless lens and camera control systems. With its bold yet ergonomic design, cmotion became well established and received its first public recognition in the form of The Cinec Award just one year later. In 2007, the continued success of the cmotion system gained worldwide reputation when awarded the Technical Achievement Award by the Academy of Motion Pictures for Art and Science. This was closely followed by a second Cinec Award in 2008 for the innovative cdisplay II. Today, with over 250 systems in operation worldwide, cmotion is one of the industries most reputable producers of wireless lens and camera control.
cmotion has been targeted for partnership by ARRI because it is a highly innovative company with particular expertise in remotely controlling 3D technology. ARRI and cmotion will work together to market and sell their combined product range globally.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Camera Showreel Fall 2018
- AMIRA Cinematic Multicam in HDR
- ARRI’s new Compact Bridge Plates
- ARRI’s Vertical Format Adapter and Smart APU
- ARRI congratulates the winners of Venice 2018
- AMIRA Multicam rises to broadcast challenge
- HBO’s BARRY: DP Paula Huidobro Takes the Reins
- Viacom TELEFE launches all ARRI LED studio
- ARRI TRINITY "only option" for PON MY MIND
- ARRI equipment in China on ANIMAL WORLD