ALEXA SUP 9.1 and ARC 3.0 now available
As technology evolves, ARRI continues to sustain and improve the performance of the ALEXA family of cameras with the release of ALEXA Software Update Packet (SUP) 9.1 and the ARRIRAW Converter (ARC) 3.0. The ARRIRAW Converter is ARRI's free reference tool for processing ARRIRAW files in the optimal quality. A new, exciting feature includes the ability to uprez to 4K or UHD-1. For ALEXA XT and ALEXA Classic cameras with the XR Module Upgrade, SUP 9.1 increases the camera's DNxHD 444 recording capabilities and provides a better user experience.
Now available, SUP 9.1 and the ARC 3.0 can be downloaded by clicking here.
Software Update Packet 9.1
The successful introduction of SUP 9.0 in 2013 brought new features like CFast 2.0 card support, ProRes 4444 at 120 fps, DNxHD 444 and ProRes pre-recording to thousands of ALEXAs. Now the release of SUP 9.1 maintains ARRI’s commitment to the ALEXA as a sustainable long-term business model for camera owners.
SUP 9.1 brings high speed frame rates for DNxHD of up to 96 fps to ALEXA XT cameras and to ALEXA Classic cameras that have been upgraded with the XR Module. In addition, SUP 9.1 contains a number of refinements and bug fixes for all ALEXA cameras.
A brief introduction to the new ARRIRAW Converter 3.0, ARRI's quality reference software that enables everyone to easily view, organize and render ARRIRAW files.
ARRIRAW Converter 3.0
ARRIRAW is an uncompressed, unencrypted and uncompromised file format popular for feature films and commercials. ARC 3.0 is the most current reference tool to show the highest quality debayer for ALEXA ARRIRAW files.
ARC 3.0 includes:
• Support for ALEXA XT Open Gate sensor mode
• Support for the ALEXA Black and White camera (available through the ARRI Rental Group and ARRI Rental Partners)
• Uprez to 4K or UHD-1
• Support for user pixel mask
The ARC is also available as command line tool (CMD) for integration into processing pipelines in postproduction and visual effects studios. Both ARC and CMD are free of charge and available through ARRI’s website. Both are based on the ARRIRAW SDK, a software toolkit which is used in several postproduction tools from members of the ARRI Partner program, such as Flame/Lustre from Autodesk, Pablo from Quantel, OSD from Colorfront, Digital Vision Nucoda, Adobe Premiere CC, Foundry Nuke and Hiero, Eyeon Fusion, Assimilate Scratch and many more.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Events at Berlinale 2018
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under