ALEXA Service Certificate
Starting from this month, a new ALEXA Service Certificate is available from all 12 official ARRI service centers and partner service centers. The certificate confirms that the camera has been thoroughly tested by ARRI-trained service technicians and that key camera functions are operating according to technical specifications. Testing procedures used for the certificate are identical to those undergone by new cameras leaving the ARRI factory in Munich.
Alexander Vollstädt, ARRI's Head of Camera Service, comments: "The ALEXA Service Certificate will be of interest to ALEXA owners looking to sell their cameras on the second-hand market, and purchasers of such cameras should insist that sellers obtain a certificate before the sale is finalized."
During the certification process, the ARRI service center or service subsidiary performs a thorough check of parameters including image quality, recording functions, connectors, flange focal distance, audio system and ARRI Lens Control System.
The overhaul also includes an update to the latest Software Update Packet (SUP). If any malfunctions are detected, repairs will be performed as required (additional charges may occur; an estimate is generated up-front). Once all functions are checked and approved, ARRI issues an official printed certificate.
Certified cameras are qualified to enter an ARRI Extended Warranty Contract within 30 days of certification, without any additional check.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI ALEXA Mini enlisted to serve New Zealand
- ARRI talks with filmmakers in Venice
- AMIRA Multicam rises to high fashion
- ARRI ALEXA LF shoots for Target in Australia
- ARRI applauds First Steps Award winners 2018
- MOTHER’S DAY – filming drama with AMIRA
- ARRI Camera Showreel Fall 2018
- AMIRA Cinematic Multicam in HDR
- ARRI’s new Compact Bridge Plates
- ARRI’s Vertical Format Adapter and Smart APU