9.5-18 mm Ultra Wide Zoom
The new ARRI Ultra Wide Zoom UWZ 9.5-18/T2.9 is the first super wide-angle zoom lens for the professional cine market. With an unusually accommodating image circle of 33.7 mm, the UWZ has been designed for both existing and future generations of large-sensor digital cameras, incorporating patented, cutting-edge lens technologies that overcome known problems with previous wide-angle zooms. The optical performance of the UWZ is comparable to, or even exceeds, that of high-end wide-angle prime lenses. For maximum flexibility and cost efficiency on set, the UWZ can easily replace a complete range of wide-angle primes.
Optimized for the requirements of VFX applications, the UWZ is ideal for plate shots or any other situation where maximum image quality is vital. Distortion is at a level of less than 1% at 9.5 mm and less than 0.1% at 18 mm, which means that straight lines stay straight, even at close focus. Due to a new multilayer, anti-reflective coating, flare and veiling glare are reduced to an absolute minimum, while exchangeable matte box interfaces ensure adequate sun protection whether filters are in use or not.
The telecentric optical design of the UWZ means that it has a highly uniform field illumination, from the center to the very corners of the image. Built-in ARRI Lens Data System (LDS) functionality provides precise lens metadata for zoom, focus and aperture settings, smoothing postproduction workflows.
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under
- ARRI attends Camerimage 25
- ARRI Italia expands and relocates in Milan
- ARRI activities at Camerimage
- ARRI helps celebrate 25 years of IMAGO
- TV Academy honors ARRI with Engineering Emmy®
- Chinese DP Li Bingqiang on NEVER SAY DIE
- Cinematic AMIRA Multicam rocks The Who