9.5-18 mm Ultra Wide Zoom
The new ARRI Ultra Wide Zoom UWZ 9.5-18/T2.9 is the first super wide-angle zoom lens for the professional cine market. With an unusually accommodating image circle of 33.7 mm, the UWZ has been designed for both existing and future generations of large-sensor digital cameras, incorporating patented, cutting-edge lens technologies that overcome known problems with previous wide-angle zooms. The optical performance of the UWZ is comparable to, or even exceeds, that of high-end wide-angle prime lenses. For maximum flexibility and cost efficiency on set, the UWZ can easily replace a complete range of wide-angle primes.
Optimized for the requirements of VFX applications, the UWZ is ideal for plate shots or any other situation where maximum image quality is vital. Distortion is at a level of less than 1% at 9.5 mm and less than 0.1% at 18 mm, which means that straight lines stay straight, even at close focus. Due to a new multilayer, anti-reflective coating, flare and veiling glare are reduced to an absolute minimum, while exchangeable matte box interfaces ensure adequate sun protection whether filters are in use or not.
The telecentric optical design of the UWZ means that it has a highly uniform field illumination, from the center to the very corners of the image. Built-in ARRI Lens Data System (LDS) functionality provides precise lens metadata for zoom, focus and aperture settings, smoothing postproduction workflows.
Other Top Stories >>
- Weightless control with ARRI Master Grips
- DP Adrian Cranage on the ARRI Look Library
- DYING TO SURVIVE hits big in China with ARRI
- ARRI behind the scenes on WRATH OF SILENCE
- Beethoven in China with AMIRA Multicam
- Spotlight on DP Christian Sprenger
- ARRI LED lights shine at Callaway Golf studio
- DP Jerome de Gelache’s AMIRA Investment
- ARRI takes part in Volucap Volumetric Studio
- ARRI makes ARRIRAW available for AMIRA