Directed by Ben Affleck, ARGO is a tense American thriller that dramatizes the rescue of six US diplomats from Tehran during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. Posing as a Canadian movie producer, CIA agent Tony Mendez (played by Affleck) masterminds a rescue attempt that seeks to pass off the diplomats as filmmakers scouting locations for a science fiction movie. Co-starring Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin and John Goodman, the multi award-winning film was shot by cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, who worked with a combination of ARRIFLEX, ARRICAM and ALEXA cameras, mixing formats and looks to differentiate the various international locations.
Take a look through our collection of stories, videos and links on ARGO.
ARGO wins big at the BAFTAs
Ben Affleck takes home the Best Director prize, while ARGO wins Best Film at the 2013 British Academy Film Awards in London.
ARRI interviews Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, about shooting a hybrid of 35 mm film and digital for ARGO.
In your own words >>
Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC
Other Top Stories >>
- Cannes 2016 DP video interviews
- ALEXA and SkyPanel on LIKE CRAZY
- TONI ERDMANN postproduces at ARRI Media
- AMIRA Software Update Package 4.0
- ARRI events at Cannes 2016
- LED solutions with Russell Steen
- Going wide with the UWZ
- Master Anamorphics' Russian movie debut
- Mechanical PCA for any camera and lens
- Electronic Control System expands