Directed by Ben Affleck, ARGO is a tense American thriller that dramatizes the rescue of six US diplomats from Tehran during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. Posing as a Canadian movie producer, CIA agent Tony Mendez (played by Affleck) masterminds a rescue attempt that seeks to pass off the diplomats as filmmakers scouting locations for a science fiction movie. Co-starring Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin and John Goodman, the multi award-winning film was shot by cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, who worked with a combination of ARRIFLEX, ARRICAM and ALEXA cameras, mixing formats and looks to differentiate the various international locations.
Take a look through our collection of stories, videos and links on ARGO.
In your own words >>
As a director of photography, I like working differently from one movie to the next instead of just using one particular style.
Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Events at Berlinale 2018
- DP Michael Latham chooses ALEXA Mini
- ARRI Lighting Illuminates Sundance
- ARRI launches large-format camera system
- SkyPanels light up Dodger Stadium press box
- ARRI video interviews at Camerimage 25
- THE LAST JEDI: Steve Yedlin ASC on SkyPanels
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under