Directed by Ben Affleck, ARGO is a tense American thriller that dramatizes the rescue of six US diplomats from Tehran during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. Posing as a Canadian movie producer, CIA agent Tony Mendez (played by Affleck) masterminds a rescue attempt that seeks to pass off the diplomats as filmmakers scouting locations for a science fiction movie. Co-starring Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin and John Goodman, the multi award-winning film was shot by cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, who worked with a combination of ARRIFLEX, ARRICAM and ALEXA cameras, mixing formats and looks to differentiate the various international locations.
Take a look through our collection of stories, videos and links on ARGO.
In your own words >>
As a director of photography, I like working differently from one movie to the next instead of just using one particular style.
Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Rental opens new offices in North America
- Review: ARRI at Berlinale 2017
- ALEXA 65 on THE GREAT WALL
- ARRI LED lights re-equip RTS studio
- ALEXA 65 on LIVE BY NIGHT
- ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY
- ARRI sponsors IABM awards in London
- SkyPanels in vogue for fashion events
- ARRI at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival
- I AM NOT MADAME BOVARY