Directed by Ben Affleck, ARGO is a tense American thriller that dramatizes the rescue of six US diplomats from Tehran during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis. Posing as a Canadian movie producer, CIA agent Tony Mendez (played by Affleck) masterminds a rescue attempt that seeks to pass off the diplomats as filmmakers scouting locations for a science fiction movie. Co-starring Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin and John Goodman, the multi award-winning film was shot by cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, who worked with a combination of ARRIFLEX, ARRICAM and ALEXA cameras, mixing formats and looks to differentiate the various international locations.
Take a look through our collection of stories, videos and links on ARGO.
ARGO wins big at the BAFTAs
Ben Affleck takes home the Best Director prize, while ARGO wins Best Film at the 2013 British Academy Film Awards in London.
ARRI interviews Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC, about shooting a hybrid of 35 mm film and digital for ARGO.
In your own words >>
Rodrigo Prieto, ASC, AMC
Other Top Stories >>
- Master Anamorphics' Russian movie debut
- Mechanical PCA for any camera and lens
- Electronic Control System expands
- New high-speed ballast for the M40
- AMIRA Software Update Package 4.0
- M-Series feedback from the field
- Two new Master Anamorphics
- Leading the way with HDR
- ALEXA SXT: latest features announcement
- SkyPanel feature set grows