LIFE OF PI
With themes concerning God, hope and survival, LIFE OF PI’s ideas are epic, with incredible visuals to match. Widely regarded as an “unfilmable” novel, LIFE OF PI follows a boy’s spiritual journey across the Pacific Ocean on a lifeboat, accompanied by a tiger. Director Ang Lee decided early on that his film adaptation needed to go beyond a typical movie experience by originating in 3D stereoscopic. In order to help bring the ambitious script to the big screen, Lee brought on board cinematographer Claudio Miranda, ASC, who shot the film using six ALEXA cameras paired on three Cameron Pace Fusion 3D rigs with ARRI / Zeiss Master Prime lenses.
Explore our various materials on the visually breathtaking film LIFE OF PI.
In your own words >>
It was a landslide why we chose ALEXA. It was obvious very early on that was our camera.
DP Claudio Miranda, ASC
LIFE OF PI
Other Top Stories >>
- WILDLING director Fritz Boehm on ARRI
- "Bigger, Brighter, Better": ARRI at NAB 2018
- AMIRA Multicam shoots for ETERNAL GLORY
- ARRI introduces Sony VENICE accessory kits
- ARRI introduces Unit Bags II
- SBS World News sees bright future with ARRI
- New EB MAX Ballasts top ARRI High-Speed Range
- ARRI cforce mini RF lens motor unveiled
- Just released: New ARRI Edition Memory Card
- Powerful new controls: SkyPanel Firmware 4