Directed by Tom Hooper and shot with ARRICAM 35 mm cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses by cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, LES MISÉRABLES is a stunning new film adaptation of the famous stage musical. Hooper chose to record his actors – among them Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe – singing live on set, which presented technical challenges but resulted in performances of breath-taking authenticity and immediacy. The film has been nominated for eight Oscars (Hooper and Cohen are both nominated), and a host of other international awards.
Explore our various materials on LES MISÉRABLES!
In your own words >>
The choice of focal lengths was the biggest advantage. I had access to every conceivable lens size I could possibly want.
DP Danny Cohen, BSC
on the Master Prime lenses
Other Top Stories >>
- Skynamic: "ALEXA Mini can handle it all"
- Lighting BLADE RUNNER 2049
- ARRI ALEXA Mini used to shoot AMERICAN MADE
- ARRI at IBC 2017: "Fantastic line-up"
- ARRI celebrates centennial
- A Brief Chronicle of ARRI in Latin America
- ARRI partners with Hunan Broadcasting System
- "TRINITY has renewed my faith"
- Lights over India
- SkyPanels go wireless with SkyLink