Directed by Tom Hooper and shot with ARRICAM 35 mm cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses by cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, LES MISÉRABLES is a stunning new film adaptation of the famous stage musical. Hooper chose to record his actors – among them Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe – singing live on set, which presented technical challenges but resulted in performances of breath-taking authenticity and immediacy. The film has been nominated for eight Oscars (Hooper and Cohen are both nominated), and a host of other international awards.
Explore our various materials on LES MISÉRABLES!
LES MISÉRABLES: revolutionary filmmaking
Cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, uses ARRICAM cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses to capture live singing on this groundbreaking film musical.
Lighting LES MISÉRABLES
Gaffer Paul McGeachan discusses the lighting approach on director Tom Hooper's bold adaptation of the musical LES MISÉRABLES.
In your own words >>
DP Danny Cohen, BSC
on the Master Prime lenses
Other Top Stories >>
- Cannes 2016 DP video interviews
- ALEXA and SkyPanel on LIKE CRAZY
- TONI ERDMANN postproduces at ARRI Media
- AMIRA Software Update Package 4.0
- ARRI events at Cannes 2016
- LED solutions with Russell Steen
- Going wide with the UWZ
- Master Anamorphics' Russian movie debut
- Mechanical PCA for any camera and lens
- Electronic Control System expands