Directed by Tom Hooper and shot with ARRICAM 35 mm cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses by cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, LES MISÉRABLES is a stunning new film adaptation of the famous stage musical. Hooper chose to record his actors – among them Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe – singing live on set, which presented technical challenges but resulted in performances of breath-taking authenticity and immediacy. The film has been nominated for eight Oscars (Hooper and Cohen are both nominated), and a host of other international awards.
Explore our various materials on LES MISÉRABLES!
In your own words >>
The choice of focal lengths was the biggest advantage. I had access to every conceivable lens size I could possibly want.
DP Danny Cohen, BSC
on the Master Prime lenses
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI LEDs illuminate studios in Nairobi
- ARRI celebrates opening of ARRI CT France
- ARRI AMIRA and Master Prime lenses down under
- ARRI attends Camerimage 25
- ARRI Italia expands and relocates in Milan
- ARRI activities at Camerimage
- ARRI helps celebrate 25 years of IMAGO
- TV Academy honors ARRI with Engineering Emmy®
- Chinese DP Li Bingqiang on NEVER SAY DIE
- Cinematic AMIRA Multicam rocks The Who