Directed by Tom Hooper and shot with ARRICAM 35 mm cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses by cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, LES MISÉRABLES is a stunning new film adaptation of the famous stage musical. Hooper chose to record his actors – among them Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe – singing live on set, which presented technical challenges but resulted in performances of breath-taking authenticity and immediacy. The film has been nominated for eight Oscars (Hooper and Cohen are both nominated), and a host of other international awards.
Explore our various materials on LES MISÉRABLES!
In your own words >>
The choice of focal lengths was the biggest advantage. I had access to every conceivable lens size I could possibly want.
DP Danny Cohen, BSC
on the Master Prime lenses
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Lighting to attend Stage|Set|Scenery
- Cannes winners speak with ARRI
- Cannes 2017 winners put their trust in ARRI
- ARRI lays cornerstone at new headquarters
- ARRI announces opening of French subsidiary
- ARRI Asia doubles office space in Hong Kong
- Premieres, awards, workshops: ARRI at DOK.fest
- ASC International Master Class in Beijing
- Master Anamorphics on JOHN WICK II
- ARRI cameras for HDR on Amazon