Directed by Tom Hooper and shot with ARRICAM 35 mm cameras and ARRI/ZEISS Master Prime lenses by cinematographer Danny Cohen, BSC, LES MISÉRABLES is a stunning new film adaptation of the famous stage musical. Hooper chose to record his actors – among them Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Russell Crowe – singing live on set, which presented technical challenges but resulted in performances of breath-taking authenticity and immediacy. The film has been nominated for eight Oscars (Hooper and Cohen are both nominated), and a host of other international awards.
Explore our various materials on LES MISÉRABLES!
In your own words >>
The choice of focal lengths was the biggest advantage. I had access to every conceivable lens size I could possibly want.
DP Danny Cohen, BSC
on the Master Prime lenses
Other Top Stories >>
- ARRI Rental opens new offices in North America
- Review: ARRI at Berlinale 2017
- ALEXA 65 on THE GREAT WALL
- ARRI LED lights re-equip RTS studio
- ALEXA 65 on LIVE BY NIGHT
- ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY
- ARRI sponsors IABM awards in London
- SkyPanels in vogue for fashion events
- ARRI at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival
- I AM NOT MADAME BOVARY