AMIRA captures fireworks in UHD and HDR
The BBC's Research and Development department was granted close-up access to London's famous New Year's Eve fireworks display to undertake a test shoot of the festivities in Ultra High Definition (UHDTV) and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
Project partner ARRI provided an AMIRA, which was set to record ProRes UHD 4444 at 50p Log C, in order to bring as much of the original image quality as possible into the grade. AMIRA's 14+ stops of true dynamic range and the extreme contrast range of the scenes being shot meant that the images could only be fully appreciated on a high-quality HDR display.
In addition, ARRI provided an Ultra Wide Zoom UWZ 9.5-18/T2.9 with the AMIRA, to maximize the amount of detail captured and to ensure that none of the action was missed.
The BBC test-shoot formed part of the corporation's investigation into a wide range of technologies that may feature in the next generation of broadcast. A full report on the shoot was recently published on the BBC R&D Blog, which you can link to below.
Weitere News >>
- ARRI beteiligt sich an volumetrischem Studio
- ARRI bietet Dateiformat ARRIRAW für AMIRA an
- Samsung nutzt ARRI ALEXA Showreels
- ARRI beim DOK.fest München
- „Wildling”-Regisseur Fritz Böhm über ARRI
- "Bigger, brighter, better": ARRI auf der NAB
- ARRIs Produkthighlights auf der NAB 2018
- Rückblick: ARRI auf der Berlinale 2018
- Morrison über „Black Panther” und „Mudbound”
- ARRI mit neuem Large-Format-Kamerasystem