Software Update Package (SUP) 5.4
- Support of MVF-1 with new Viewfinder Panel
Starting with serial no. 4000, the AMIRA MVF-1 includes a new OLED viewfinder panel, offering new brightness settings 120, 200, and 300 Nits.
- Improved Timecode Behavior
The compatibility with SMPTE compliant generators has been improved for Regen mode.
- Master Grips Status Indication
When a lens axis is controlled by a Master Grip, the corresponding status info overlay for iris, focus, or focal length is highlighted.
- Audio Channel 1 and 2 Control with AMIRA Web Remote
A basic audio menu has been added to the web remote and main user interface for remote gain control of audio channels 1 and 2.
- Center Mark Option "Small Cross"
The center mark setting for EVF and SDI has been extended with the option Small Cross.
Additionally included – all SUP 5.0-5.3 Features
- ARRIRAW 2.8K
16:9 2.8K (2880x1620) MXF/ARRIRAW recording with AMIRA ARRIRAW license key.
- Complete Look Functionality for Cinematic Multicam with AMIRA Eco and AMIRA Advanced
Import and export of look files, 3D LUT support, full in-camera grading, support of the ARRI Look Library (requires separate license), Log C monitoring and recording.
- Support of cforce mini RF motor
Direct remote lens control with cforce mini RF and WCU-4, no additional motor controller needed. Includes Start/Stop recording command with WCU-4.
- EVF Power Option “ON”
Option to override the proximity sensor of the MVF-1 and constantly enable the viewfinder display.
- Camera Access Protocol (CAP) Enhancements
CAP support for full control of in-camera playback and access to clip metadata.
- WCU-4 User Buttons 5 and 6
Camera menu offers assignment of WCU-4 user buttons 5 and 6.
Improved Options for Multi-camera Broadcast Shoots
Available for all AMIRA models, the Multicam mode makes the exceptional image quality of ARRI’s ALEV III sensor – also used by ALEXA – available to productions within the multi-camera broadcast sphere. Through a Multicam setup, the AMIRA’s shallow depth of field, unrivalled dynamic range and natural colorimetry can lend a cinematic look to live broadcasts, music concerts, TV soaps, and other fast-paced, multi-camera productions.
At its core, Multicam is a simple and flexible interface that can be used with virtually any transmission system required. It allows the image parameters of multiple AMIRA cameras, including iris setting, to be controlled remotely using a Sony Remote Control Panel (RCP).
- Dual 6G support (4K UHD up to 60p)
- Load and modify looks in Multicam mode (incl. new Look Library)
- Connection to separate Wifi infrastructure mode
- EF lens support for RCP iris control
- Return switch command in SDI meta-data
- Sync and genlock improvements
- Support of green tally command via Telnet or Camera Access Protocol (CAP)
ARRI Look Library
ARRI is introducing an exciting new way to implement high-quality looks. The ARRI Look Library puts on-set look management within the reach of all productions, not just those with the time and budget to develop bespoke looks prior to shooting.
Offering 87 looks in three intensities, the ARRI Look Library caters to a huge variety of different shooting scenarios.
Master Grip Support
The capabilities of the ARRI Master Grips has also been expanded upon, with 3-axis control of ENG lenses with AMIRA PL LDS mount and the option to configure Master Grip user buttons. The ability to adjust focus and iris of EF mount lenses using Master Grips allows for an interesting package solution for documentary and handheld operators, who prefer smaller EF lenses due to their weight and cost.
1.3 Anamorphic Desqueeze in Preview
- Support for 1.3x anamorphic lenses
- 1.3x de-squeeze for EVF and SDI outs in 1.5G and 3G
available in 3.2K and 4K UHD rec-formats
- Perfect for 16x9 anamorphic:
16:9 3.2K (3200 x 1800) to 2.39:1 4K (4096 x 1716)
Camera Access Protocol
- Control of look and operational parameters
- IP bases API – Ethernet and WiFi
- Incl. CAP 1.0 standard as ALEXA SXT (look parameters)
- Extends the protocol to also control operational parameters
- Available through the ARRI Partner Program
Monitoring and Display Improvements
- False Color Mode False - color to show exposure levels based on monitoring processing or based on Log C
- Lifted MVF-1 gamma to better control lighting in dark areas
- Playback and User setup control for Starlite HD5-ARRI
- ARRI Look Files V2 to support Rec 2020 color space
- Playback shuttle speed up to 512x
- New SDI configurations:
- Non-integer framerates on all outputs
- Dual 422 & 444 3G Output
- Dual 422 6G Output
- Level a/b support for 3G SDI
- Each individual SDI out can be Rec709 or LogC
Improved Timecode Handling
- Addition of jam sync mode
- Internal tuning of clock to minimize drift
- Reports completion of jam sync process
- Stays in sync with TC source for 8 hours minimum
- Free run recovery after high speed
- TC clock is kept alive during off-speed recording
- No re-jamming needed when switching back to regular speed
Extended Support for EF Lenses
- Wider set of EF lenses due to additions to the EF protocol, including: Canon, Sigma, Zeiss Otus and Milvus
- Support for build-in stabilizers
- Support for for focus and iris control with ARRI Master Grips
Advanced Setup Handling
The new user setup system allows for more fine-grained control:
- User setups can be managed in camera.
- USB stick is only needed to transfer setups.
- Parameter blocks can be selected when saving the setup.
- Format: Recording mode incl. codec, resolution, frameline
- Scene: Operational settings eg. EI, WB, fps, shutter
- Lens: Lens setup eg. Active lens, LDA settings
- User: User specific settings eg. User button assignments
WiFi Infrastructure Client Mode
- Join a WIFI network created by an external hub
- Configure network via a QR code (point the camera at QR code)
- Enables set based network infrastructures
- Allows access to multiple cameras from a singe device
- Resolves range issues by placing repeaters close to the camera
Support of new Recording Media
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast 2.0 128GB (SDCFSP-128G-xxxD)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast 2.0 256GB (SDCFSP-256G-xxxD)
- SanDisk Extreme PRO CFast 2.0 512GB (K2.0016648)
- User buttons (increase/decrease) to control audio gain of audio channel 1 or audio channels 1+2
- Microphone Attenuation - Audio setting to apply an attenuation of 26dB to the microphone inputs
- Simplified Chinese UI
- Frame grabs are possible during playback and recording
- OLED of MVF-1 can be switched off in cases where the viewfinder needs to be covered
- List based settings like framerate and white balance can now be controlled via user buttons
- New magnesium camera side covers (100+ grams lighter)
AMIRA Software Update Package 5.4
|20 Aug 2018||AMIRA SUP 5.4
|20 Aug 2018||AMIRA SUP 5.4 - User Manual
Download (pdf, 14.96 MB)
|20 Aug 2018||AMIRA SUP 5.4 - Release Notes
Download (pdf, 1.99 MB)
|21 Aug 2018||AMIRA - Quick Guide
Download (pdf, 6.09 MB)
|11 Jun 2018||AMIRA Menu Settings Chart SUP 5.3/SUP 5.4
Download (pdf, 270 KB)
Current Status >>
AMIRA SUP 5.4 >>
Trade-in Trade-up Program >>
Screening Room >>