ALEXA SXT W
ARRI Wireless Video System (WVS)
The ALEXA SXT W forms part of a new and complete ARRI Wireless Video System (WVS), along with a stand-alone video transmitter for use with other ARRI or third-party cameras, and a stand-alone video receiver that picks up signals from either transmitter.
An extensive accessory range includes various mounting brackets, antenna extensions and the handheld Director’s Monitor Support (DMS-1), as well as a specially adapted Transvideo monitor with a built-in receiver for the ARRI transmitters. Whether using this monitor or others, the modular system allows for a compact and efficient setup. An extra power-out on the video receiver, for example, permits a single on-board battery to power both the receiver and an attached handheld monitor. A higher input voltage range allows more flexibility on battery choice.
The high-performance video transmission from the ALEXA SXT W and stand-alone transmitters provide a robust radio link and fast re-link with a long-range, uncompressed and encrypted signal for safety. Audio, timecode and REC flag are included in the zero-delay signal, and up to four receivers can be used per transmitter.
For the director, cinematographer, assistant or anyone else on set, a monitor feed from the ARRI Wireless Video System increases creative control and oversight without adding clutter to the camera configuration or potential difficulties for the crew. From the protective collars on the connectors to the versatile mounting options, all of ARRI’s expertise has gone into the ergonomics and durability of the system. Designed for real-world usage on professional sets, every component is spray and dust proof, constructed from rugged materials, and has a wide operating temperature range. All units share the same operating controls, making set up a snap, and the pairing procedure has been simplified with a single button.
As with any ARRI product, it is backed up by ARRI's extensive network of service stations across the globe.
- A complete system
- ALEXA SXT W
- Wireless Video Transmitter (WVT-1)
- Wireless Video Receiver (WVR-1)
- Battery Adapter Cages for Gold and V mount (BAC-G, BAC-V)
- Director's Monitor Support for one or two monitors (DMS-1)
- Transvideo Starlite ARRI-WVS monitor
- Antenna Extension Bracket (AEB-1)
- Mounting brackets and power cables
- High performance video transmission
- Robust link
- Long range (600 m, 2,000 feet)
- Zero delay (< 1ms)
- Secure (128 bit AES encryption)
- Includes 2 channel audio, TC and REC flag
- Up to four receivers per transmitter
- 4 to 6 transmitter/receiver groups per set
- ARRI built-quality
- Robust aluminum housings
- Spray and dust-proof
- Protected connectors
- Wide operating range: -20º C to +45º C (-4º F to 113º F)
- Wide input voltage range: 10.5 V to 34 V
- 2x HD-SDI outputs on receiver
- New high performance dual-band antennas
- Simple and fast operation
- same controls on all units
- fast and easy one button pairing
- ARRI worldwide service network
- WVR-1 power options
- 12 V power out to power monitors
- Four power-in options
- Receiver Power Supply RPS-1
- WVR Battery Adapter Gold (+ 2x 12 V outputs)
- WVR Battery Adapter V (+ 2x 12 V outputs)
- WVR Battery Adapter L (SONY L series)
This device has not been authorized yet as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased in the USA, until authorization is obtained.
Current Status >>
Screening Room >>
ARRI Forum >>
Screening Room >>
Lenses are not the only way to create specific looks. ALEXA is capable of producing an amazing variety of different looks for different stories and situations, with creative on-set color control and incredible flexibility in post.